Saturday, 3 December 2011

"Too many young folk have addiction to superficial things and not enough conviction for substantial things like justice, truth and love."
- Cornel West

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

"But one of the most wonderful things about young people yourselves...is that you are such idealistic creatures."
- Desmond Tutu

"Not to know what happened before you were born...is to be forever a child."
- Cicero

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK

“Today, free government was attacked, freedom of association was attacked, the spirit of youth was attacked. But we will kick back and say that these are values that are dear to us, and we intend to defend them and Norway will be recognizable tomorrow as the Norway our friends and partners around the world have known so far.”
- Some of the Wisest words I have heard in years...by Norway's Foreign Minister Store after the horrific Norway Attacks on July 22nd, 2011. (Taken from an article written by Juan Cole.)

“ I remind young people everywhere I go, one of the worst things the older generation did was to tell them for twenty-five years “Be successful, be successful, be successful” as opposed to “Be great, be great, be great”.
- Cornel West

I can’t wait to Stand with you, no matter if that is in physical or spiritual form, I will one day be announcing,
“I AM TROY DAVIS, and I AM FREE!”
Never Stop Fighting for Justice and We will Win!
-Troy Davis...a free man RIP Wednesday, September 21st 2011 11:08PM

"Justice flies swiftly and catches us underneath its wings with ease...so long as we keep our hearts light and free of fear."

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
Oscar Wilde

"I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any. I refuse to live in other people's houses as an interloper,a beggar or a slave."
(1921)- Gandhi-ji

No comments:

Post a Comment