Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Quotes of the day...

"We carry within ourselves the direction our lives will take. Within ourselves burn the timeless, fateful stars." Antal Szerb

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." Friedrich Nietzsche

"When I was a child, I saw God; I saw angels; I watched the mysteries of the higher and lower worlds. I thought all men saw the same. At last I realized that they did not see." Shams Tabrizi

"Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"A spoonful of sugar that is all it takes. It changes bread and water into tea and cakes." Mary Poppins

"...Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove: Oh, no, it is an ever fixe'd mark, that looks on tempests and is never shaken..." William Shakespeare

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul." -Johann von Goethe

"Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice...Like slavery and apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings." - Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment