Saturday, 3 September 2011

Boulevard of dreams

The journey that I had begun 3 years ago has finally reached its key milestone. I close my eyes and see flashbacks of the past 7 years of my life: leaving home for the first time, working so hard to get a scholarship in LUMS to ease the finanical burden on my parents, making so many friends, then bidding all of them farewell as they made their way to the different corners of the world, then coming to a cold western country for a job interview, the pressure, the expectations, the joy of landing a job, flying 4000 miles, leaving the nest again to live in a foreign country, meeting people from different corners of the world, living in random hotels in random cities, living out of the suitcase...the studying, the exams, getting results by sms's, finding God in the most unlikeliest of places, the joys of flying back home, the pain of saying goodbyes again to resume life in pardes....Ah i can go on and on! It was all for this one moment and Alhamdulillah, I can't thank God enough that I finally achieved what I set out to achieve: the three letter suffix next to my name: ACA and that too without getting bald, which is no small accomplishment (MashAllah :)

Thank you God! Thank you everyone who was generous enough to remember me in their prayers. I couldn't have done it without you.

Dear God! Without sounding greedy, can I ask you to fulfil one more dream for me now? Please let me get into an ivy league school too. Show me the way and make the path towards it easy, with Your blessings. Amen!

1 comment: