Its funny how life makes you experience things that you would have never fathomed, even in your wildest imagination. I mean stuff you never knew of. All this seems to be a dream for me, like a kaleidescope of images that are quickly racing by and disappearing into the fog of memories. Did the two year toddler who used to run outside to see off his dad drive to work ever know that one day, he would be going to far off cities in a distant, cold country, driving on his own, guided by a satnavs mechanical voice, while it snowed crazily on a dark foggy road. That kid never knew that he would be listening to weird radio stations with British accented people and the incessant Torries vs labour bla bla. De-icing never existed in his vocabulary. He was safe in the warmth of familiarity. All this new stuff just seems so surreal. I don't know if I can quite capture what I'm trying to say in words but perhaps this is what being on your own really is. If technology fails, you're stuck on your own, in the middle of nowhere in an icy cold barren tundra. U2's "where the streets have no name" is exactly where my lifes' everyday journeys and experiences seem to take me to.
Song of the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment