I came across this prayer which the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) made to Allah (SWT) after he was humiliated and attacked by the people of Taif when he invited them to Islam. Each and every word of this prayer just made me feel so small and insignificant. We complain and lose hope on the smallest of things. We get mad at God and don't talk to Him or forget Him for days to express our anger or disappointment when faced with failure, or pain or suffering. Yet history is filled with examples of Prophets and men of God who gave so many sacrifises for Him and yet despite all that hoped that these sacrifises were mere tests from God rather than His wrath. I couldn't stop my eyes from welling with tears. Such is the power and magnanimity of this dua and also listen to Sheikh Hamza Yusuf's narration of the events in the youtube video that follows. Its really heart rendering. This is a dua for all those people who suffer injustices in the world for their social status, their colour, their cast, their creed or their religious and political affiliations. This is dua for the weak and oppressed amongst us. Don't ever lose hope. Don't ever give up or give in. Hold fast to the rope of God. Have faith in His mercy and His Justice and know that on the Day of Judgement, no injustice will go by unaccounted for...
To You, my Lord,
I complain of my weakness,
lack of support and the humiliation I am made to receive.
Most Compassionate and Merciful!
You are the Lord of the weak,
and you are my Lord.
To whom do You leave me?
To a distant person who receives me with hostility?
Or to an enemy You have given power over me?
As long as you are not displeased with me,
I do not care what I face.
I would, however,
be much happier with Your mercy.
I seek refuge in the light of Your face by which all darkness is dispelled and both this life and the life to come are put in their right course against incurring your wrath or being the subject of your anger.
To You I submit,
until I earn Your pleasure.
Everything is powerless without your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment