http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Diamond%20in%20the%20rough
You must have come across this quote: "diamond is just a piece of coal that did well under pressure". Just like that, in lifes' journey, everyone of us starts out as a lump of black, greasy coal. Yet only a few of us end up as diamonds. The reason is simple: its not easy. We refuse to withstand the pressure that life puts on us. Everyone has the capability, only few recognize that potential and achieve their dreams. It's convenient to take the easier way out, to give up and quit, to walk away. However, we forget that we only get this life once and sooner or later the regrets of this life would hammer our conscience and want us to turn back time. We lose sight of our ultimate goals; the childhood dreams we had, of simple things like being able to help our family or loftier, more noble goals of helping humanity, saving human lives, easing their pain. The problem is we forget the fact that we're already battle hardened. We've already endured pressures from so many directions, for so long, successfully. We're already glittering partially. Then why not just have some faith and go head on to not only endure the pressure that life places on us, but tell it who's the daddy or mommy (whatever applies to you :P). I remember hearing a song that kinda sorta pumped me when I felt down and it went something like this: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" :)
When we are facing the pressures of everyday life, we have this tendency to pass the stress onto other people. More often than not the people who become the object of this stress are people who we are very close to: parents, siblings, friends.Truth be told, everyone has their threshold. Sooner or later, perhaps, their patience will run out, no matter how close they are to you. So the wise thing is to recognize this and try not to pass the buck onto people near and dear to you. Its not worth it and part of the whole challenge is to become a complete perfect diamond, to shine forth not only in your academics and career but most importantly to glitter as a human being, a balanced person. Thats the kind of diamond that will decorate not only this world but the Hereafter as well.
I don't know if my babbling makes any sence but I've got the excuse of being sick. I remember the line from an ad that went something like this: "zindagi roz aap ki class laiti hai". Thats so true. Life is a series of endless exams, tests, trials and tribulations that test our mettle and make us reconginze how well we cope under stress and pressure. The key is to know that what you are pursuing is noble and worth it, knowing that it's in line with your dreams and knowing that in the end whatever happens, your family and friends would be ALWAYS there to pick you up and support you. It's about knowing that their prayers are unconditional and realizing that as those prayers have guided you through so many obstacles, surely they'll guide you through this one as well. Remember that God does not burden a soul with more than it can bear. The Creator know you better than anyone else. The reason why they have chosen to place you under pressure and stress might be due to the fact that He has planned great things for you. Phir stress kaisi, yeh darr kaisa, himmat karo, mehnat karo, baki Allah malik hai! Lekin iss sab main un ko naa aazmao, unn par zaida bojh naa dalo jinn ki wajah sai tum yahaan tak puhanchay ho.
This is more like a lecture to myself. I've been fretting about the exams so much that I've made my family the object of my fears and unleashed my whining and tantrums on them. Its only now, after writing this that I've realized that those exams are just a small blip in the grand scheme of things and if its meant to be, then Inshallah I'll pass them. If not then I'll put my head down and work my arse off to make sure I pass them next time round. But for the time being, I'll just chillax and be comfortably numb.
Song of the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment