The flight wasn't as bad as I expected...Just the normal stuff one can expect from PIA...ermm, oldielocks hostesses who must have been grannies yet had their hair dyed in yellowish blondish streaks....someone had taken over my window seat...so I had to ask the steward to find me another window seat and he gave me one just on top of the wings...I tried sleeping but couldn't...I tried out the in-flight entertainment system....It wasn't bad I must admit...I watched two urdu short plays/dramas produced by Hum Tv...They were really decent...I'll reccommend a watch...Here is the link to one of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJZvZ0HKe08&feature=related
It was still dark when I landed in Pakistan... As soon as I came out I took a long deep breath...No, I didnt become all senti and kissed the ground etc...but still it felt nice..Although I had totally forgotten what humidity felt like :(...The roads seemed a lot wider and generally quite a few highway/road projects that were underway when I left have been completed by now...I surprised my folks who were all asleep and weren't expecting me at all....You know what hit me the most when I entered the house was how high the ceilings seem in Pakistani homes...They were like 1.5 times higher than the ceiling in my flat :S...Anyhow, for most of the day I just slept coz of the jetlag...I didnt fast today...In the evening, I took the car out and went for a haircut...I had forgotten how dark the roads are in Pakistan and it took some time to get used to driving in such darkness...For some odd reason, I miss my room, my flat and my flatmate...I am about to start the book that I brought with me especially from UK...Its title is the inspiration behind the URL of this blog: "Maps for lost lovers" by Nadeem Aslam...My internal clock is so out of sync right now...I feel wide awake while its almost pasr sleeping time for my siblings....Anyhoo, I should start reading that book.....
No comments:
Post a Comment