- Texas: Rs 800
- Jahngir: Ph# 4412959... RS 540
- Saidpur village =Rs 800
- Monal Rs 800
- Olive garden Rs 675 service tax
- Khiva: Ph#2878788 Rs 299 only aftari
- 1969: Rs 869 + tax
- Crowne plaza = Rs 1100
- Red onion Rs 500
- Majlis: 2827044 Rs 1100
- Bar B Q 2nyt Ph# 8317131-32: Rs 750
- Holiday Day inn Rs 1000
- Virsa Café : Ph# 2558552 Rs 799
- Iffi’s : Ph# 2655060-1
- Diva Ph# 2541111, 8003267 Rs595 (I tried it, it was decent.. not 2 bad)
- Royal orchid/Chopsticks: Ph# 2829944- 2820152
- Kashmirwala Daman-e-Koh Rs 600 with tax
- KC Grill Rs 750
- Lasania Rs 590
- Cave Rs 699
- Sizzle n Spice (Bahria Town) Rs 800
- Dunkin Donut Rs 350 All u can eat
- Pizza Hut Rs 475 + Tax
- Papasallis 980 with drinks n tax
- Zaferz Rs 699 + tax worth it
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
A night to remember
Ha! What a night. I knew it was cloudy and windy outside but I had given my word to a friend to hangout with him at "ye olde hangout". My mom was like today is one of the odd nights of the last 10 days of Ramadhan i.e. a potential "Laila-tul-Qadr". I still somehow managed to slip away. I have never driven my car in such heavy rain. To say that it rained cats and dogs would be a massive understatement. It felt as if I was driving in a river: strong howling winds, heavy rain, hail, leaves and branches falling over and oh yea lighting and thunder. What an experience. Even despite putting on the wipers at full throttle, I couldnt see much of the road infront. Yet, somehow, I managed to reach the place where I was supposed to meet my friend. He had said that the sheesha at this place is out of this world. And it was. It was orange flavor in a hollow apple base with the water in the filter being 7-up or some lime. It was worth it and so was the company. He is one of my oldest friends like 13 yrs or so.Even if we dont talk for ages, whenever we meet up we seem to carry off from where we left. We were both reminiscing the days of our bachpan, the school days, the A'levels, uni and now the big bad practical world. Its funny the little things we noticed. How both of us changed. Was it uni, was it dorm life or was it our friends etc. We noticed how our conversations were now like uncles, totally different from years ago when it would be studies, or some crushes etc. How now we talk about joblife and dream about future businesses together. He about his dream of becoming an international diamond/jewellry trader and me about opening up some really hip eating out place in the base of the Margalla hills for the entertainment deprived youth of isloo. Now I know why so many married men moan about their bachelor years. If you have the right company of friends, are financially independent and have that spontaneous sence of adventure, then this is the "life". It is this element that married folks miss unless their spouses are equally cool and adventure loving and totally best friends with their friends spouses which in most cases is rare but I've seen that happen too. Anyhow, I've got to run. We're gonna get some iftari packed from rahat etc n take it with us to jungle spot followed by coffee from Gloria Jeans :D...Ah, this is the life :)...For all ya food lovers out there, I'm sharing this list of iftari deals of all the cool restaurants in Pindi/Islamabad area. I know Ramadan is about to end, but I had to research all this coz my friends are totally useless and have no decision making power. So, I had to do it even though I'm supposed to be the guest, the pardesi technically. Oh well, somethings never change :S
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment