What have they done to my isloo?!?!?! I went from one corner of the city to the other on my favourite Margalla road to hangout with my friends in an outdoor sheesha place in the foothill of the margalla hills and I had to slow down and pass through atleast 5 barricades in the space of 10 or so miles...I'm not being all whiny and complaining coz I know it is for our security and what not BUT the difference was that these barricades were only in the direction of the sectors where the bigwigs reside i.e. the F-6's and F-7's and none whatsoever in the opposite direction i.e. towards the sectors where the commoners or government staff live...I guess the politicians are more concerned about saving their own arses.....and u know what the policemen only stop the poor taxi or van drivers coz they know if they stop someone with a civic or a corolla, it will come back to bite em back in their arses...so, only the poor man gets harassed coz of these check points and barricades.....Khair, Isloo has also become too over crowded...I couldn't find a single parking space at Jungle spot, so had to goto CJ near Gellato and that too was soooo overly crowded....perhaps it was just coz of it being a saturday night or near the eid time.....
It was fun catching up with friends after such a long time...It was gossiping galore...Yes, guys gossip too :P...Talking of barricades, one of my friends said he had noticed so many times that policemen didnt stop or check up on shady cars with bearded people in them coz they feared these ppl might blow themselves up if prompted to stop...So yeah, what's the point of turning the capital into a fortress if such people can still trickle in unchecked....
I am being fed like a malnutritioned turkey who needs to be buffed up before thanksgiving to be stuffed up for some big meal...I havent had anything deep fried during my year abroad, so initially all of it seems heavy...Thank God, nothing has happened to my stomach so far but then again I havent had anything to eat from outside so far....Thank God, ever since I came there has been no power blackout...I was about to attribute it to my mubarak presence but I was told that its been like that since Ramdan in islooo....Whatever, it still works for me :)
My sleep time has gone totally haywire...I sleep when everyone is awake and am awake when everyone is asleep...Even when I'm awake it seems as if I'm dreaming with open eyes coz my brain gets numbs coz of the 14 hrs sleep...In a way I get so tired of sleeping that I have no choice but to go back to bed again :D...Isn't that just the way heaven should be: unabated, unashamed license to laze around...Thats what I'm going to do right now...sleep till iftari :D
No comments:
Post a Comment