After hours of studying tax all day long, I just felt like screaming Pink Floyds song: Another brink in the wall...seriously, at this very point I feel like "just another" brick in the wall, just another cogwheel in this huge capitalistic machinery geared towards making money, money and more money, fueling consumerism, spending, overspending...I know I might sound like a communist/socialist but its just the numbers circling in my head right now...I remember those stories which we read in our childhoods of Aladdin having this amazing lamp with a Genie who asked for three wishes...I never quite understood why Aladdin just wished for an infinite number of wishes as his first wish...I mean, comeon!!! Isn't that simple common sense...It is after all a valid wish...You just have to be smart...I think Aladdin was high on some sheesha or something...
Still, I wonder if someone in this day and age got hold of such a lamp and asked the genie to grant him/her absolute happiness...what shape/form would that take...Would the genie just go and get the person a blank cheque of sorts...Thats just my thinking...For most people these days, money seems to buy happiness...I know for each person, the genie would have to bring some specific customized things to bless them with happiness but I still think that for the majority of people out there, money=happiness...That's how the world is these days...I shouldn't think about genies in the middle of the night though...I should just shout out:
We don't need no education
We don’t need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teacher! Leave us kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment