I have a love hate relationship with Ms. Destiny...She perplexes me greatly...Playing around with us mere mortals like this, sometimes to our sheer delight, sometimes to sheer confusion
Anyhow, there was a junior back in my uni who was really keen on getting a job here in UK in the same profession as me...So, he contacted me sometime last year...I didn't know him much....Just said hello-hi once through a common friend...Anyhow I went out of my way to help him with all the applications and job-interview tips reviewing everything and sending looooong e-mails of the do's and do nots etc...He came for two interviews in London but failed to land a job and went back...That must have been shattering for him and any other person would have been totally gutted but he tried for it again and this time through some sheer trick of fate got an interview in a firm based in the same city as I am...He succeeded in getting the job, went back to Pak, partyed in the last year of uni (like me)...He got nikkah-fied to the love of his life before coming here and last week I helped him in his flat viewings etc...Guess where aunty destiny made him get a flat??? In the very building I live in!!! So, he'll be going back to Pak in the Christmas break to rukhsati-fy his wife who's finally got the dependent visa and come start living in close proximity...Its weird na??? Someone who was a mere acquaintance an year ago somehow after all this not only got a job in the same city as you, but also ended up in the same apartment complex...Plus his marriage to the love of his life was expedited coz he got this job, a job which in Pk rs terms is still a six figure salary and hence gives the in-laws comfort in handing over their daughter..I hope these lovebirds get along well with the two J's or as me and my flatmate call them J^2 (J sqaured)...Btw, their flat has now been codenamed J-land...
No comments:
Post a Comment