Thursday, 26 November 2009

The sound of birds...

Today, all of a sudden while working, I heard the sounds of some birds twittering and I go hmmm, come to think of it, why do I hear birds so rarely here...During my trip to Pakistan a few months ago, the first thing I noticed was the sound of birds twittering and crows crowing (or whatever they do)...And I rarely heard them in UK...Like once in a blue moon, probably a bit during the spring season, but hardly!! My dad also noticed this when he came here...And I go, abu they are all very well mannered and polite, unlike the Pakistani crows (kawway) who keep on blurting like crazy...But when I went back home and slept at something like 8-9 in the mornings, I felt that I missed these kawwas (crows) and chiryas (sparrows) and their early morning twittering...I remember my Grandma (God bless her soul) used to say that these birds wake up early in the morning and praise God and sing tunes of His praise and I go thinking, obviously UK kai tau birds bhee waisay hongay, Godless kisam kai...BUT, then i realized that its purely scientific....The fact that its mostly cold here all year round and the weather is depressing, perhaps, they just fly south to warmer and more humane climates...So yea, Pakistan seems to be a bird haven in that sence...Here, the ones that remain are the overfed bulky obese pigeons that you find in the town squares...They look like footballs and shit around so much coz they feed all day long on the snacks that tourists throw at them...I remember, I was once having a photo session with a few friends at the famous trafalgur square in central london (typical freshie/fob style) and for a moment I left my overcoat on a bench near the fountains and when I came back it was pooed-on by the adorable round lazy arsed pigeons...Felt like kicking one of them where it hurts but then realized that would be too cruel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment