Sunday, 1 November 2009

Sad Sad Movies...

These days my flat mate is away...He actually delayed his exams for which he was really well prepared to go back to his family and celebrate his parents 25th wedding anniversary...Talk about someone being a family man...I really envy him sometimes...He gets to go back home to his family 3-4 times a year and I can't think of any spare time for holidays until next summers :(...Anyhow, so being home alone and tired after an exhausting Saturday spent working, I ordered some Pizza and decided to watch a movie recommended by a good friend...I had it downloaded since a long time but just couldn't get the time...The movie was "Stepmom" starring Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon...Omg, there should be a warning with such movies: "DO not watch it while you're all alone"...I think I'm a softie when it comes to such stuff and I couldn't stop a tear or two from dripping down my eyes....The acting was amazing from both Julia and Susan and even the kids...I mean if this movie was done by someone other than Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon, then it would have been mediocre coz the story seemed quite predictable...However, their acting carried it off...If one movie wasn't enough, I had the audacity to watch a second tear jerker...Again, this was also lying on my laptop and I had heard great reviews about it from people..The movie is "Revolutionary Road"...Its basically a story about a couple (Kate Winslet and Leornado de Caprio) starting out with great ambitions about life, getting married but then find that their life has slipped into monotony once they shift to suburbia...The rest is for you to watch...But this movie also makes you bluey and mushy...So beware, don't watch it if you don't want to get bluey...Still, its worth a watch!

I had to do sheesha after this...I couldn't have slept with a heavy heart...so more comfort food i.e. pizza and sheesha made far-scape from the rondhoo mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment