Ever since I've returned back from Pakistan, there hasn't been a single day without a suicide blast or an earthquake or some calamity striking the "homeland"...I have this habit of turning on the TV and switching to Geo channel while I have my breakfast before going to work (when I'm not on an away job)...Every time, I've done this, it has been the same...A blast: people killed, gory images, blood spurted everywhere, human body parts sprawled across miles, smoke, fire, ambulance sirens, chaos,confusion, TOTAL MADNESS...Trust me, its the most depressing start to the day...It literally sucks the hope and life out of you...You worry so much about the safety of your loved ones back home...You wish atleast you could be there with them...The 4500 miles distance seems so far away then...You get crazy thoughts...What if? God forbid, their next strike takes away someone you care for...Already, last weeks' IIUI attack was too close for comfort...Its just a constant dagger dangling over the lives of everyone and there's no way these maniacs can be stopped...There's no way to predict who or where they will strike next...The intelligence agencies have failed ruefully...They just state that an "x" number of suicide bombers reportedly entered Lahore or Islamabad but why the hell can't they stop them or do anything to counter them...And its not like they're killing government agents or security personnel only. Its the ordinary man, the worker, the labourer, the women and the children who're getting blown up in these blasts.
How can they justify attacking a women's cafeteria in a university or a marketplace frequented by women and children...How can they justify attacking a bank where poor workers and ordinary people were waiting to get their utlity bills paid or waiting to withdraw their salaries/wages at the start of the new month...There is no justification AT ALL...My collegues here watch the news as well and ask me in a concerened manner about the safety of my family...Their next question is why is it all happening? What makes these madmen blow themselves up??? And frankly speaking, I cannot, even if I try my best, attempt to rationanlize their action. I've studied the literature of some maulvi's who issue fatwa's explaining or sanctioning suicide bombs but its still beyond any rationality and any definition of ethics, morals and religion...They say that we cannot ever imagine the feeling of vengence which one feels when their loved ones are killed by American drone attacks or Pakistani military action...They say imagine your whole family blown up while they celebrate a wedding...Yes, vengence is a very potent and virilous human emotion... Yet, I for one, can never imagine how someone can have the heart to kill so many innocent people at once just to claim vengence...Its sheer madness and total lunacy...Some friends say that the people who carry out these attacks are drugged or hypnotized, others say that they don't know what they're actually going to do and then someone from a remote location just detonates the bombs placed in a car/bike/truck driven by the people who end up being known as "suicide bombers"...I don't know what the truth is or what to believe...
I'm just frustrated that there's nothing that can be done...Violence only begets violence...It's a vicious cycle...The governments' attack might even perpetuate it further and God knows how further chaotic it will get before perhaps, perhaps (fingers crescented) some sanity prevails...
In the end, when man becomes helpless, there is only one other viable source from which help, salvation and mercy can be sought: Please God, Have mercy on this nation...Please end this bloodshed and madness...Please end the suffering for all these poor people who have nothing at all to do with this mess...Please unify the people, make them strong, give them patience and show them hope...Keep everyone of us in Your Protection and bless the souls that have departed...
Ameen
No comments:
Post a Comment