Thursday, 19 November 2009

Headache...

Ahhhh...My brain is now short circuited, deep friend and disintegrated into pulp...For this job, I have been confined for hours on end into a room where I am the only male member of a female oriented team...God!!! Its sheer torture...I mean they talk and talk and talk about everything under the sky...Its not stop! Like a barrage constantly killing your brain cells...The thing is they don't even talk about anything remotely mentally stimulating...Its shoes, shopping clothes, lingerie, food, weight control and gossiping about office politics, celebrities, Brit Tv shoes (strictly come dancing, big brother,Britains got talent) and their favorite topic: boyfriends...I never knew girls gossip so much about their bf's behind their back...Like literally discussing everything, the good, the bad, the downright private stuff...There's a recent research which has proven that women cannot keep a secret for more than 47 hours on average and that seems so true from what I've observed as well...See for yourself:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6199822/Women-cannot-keep-a-secret-for-longer-than-47-hours.html


As if all that wasn't bad enough, they have to torture me further...I'm busy number crunching trying to make sence of something and lost in my train of thought when all of a sudden they hafto get my opinion on something and I'm like whaaaat, totally oblivious of the whole scenario...And often its the tricky minefield questions like asking the male side of a relationship problem, totally hypothetical like if you were in such and such's place what would you have done...Obviously, I just can't blurt out anything...I have to weight my words and diplomatically answer so as to curb my instinctive Pakistani mard mentality...But its so weird...My work efficiency has gone down the drain...Its not like I've never been with girls before...Usually I always had some male comrade with me who could also take the fire...Now I'm against the wall...Plus these collegues are what a friend would call "bubblicious", characterized by shrill OMG's and shopaholic tendencies...Its funny how they would be talking about their weight control dream of having the perfect slim figure and while discussing all the diet plans, they end up munching a whole box of cadbury's chocolate fingers :S...If spending almost 12 hours working with them isn't enough, they expect me to accompany them to dinner in the hotel as well and that means another 2 hours of their chik chik chuk chuk...And how could I forget mentioning the 15-20 min drive that I have to endure coz I take a lift from one of them in their girly little "mini-cooper" :(

When I'm finally back in the hotel room all tired hoping that I would doze off, a buzz keeps ringing in my head; a byproduct of all the shrilly voices I have to hear all day long...Ahhh, the things we have to go through for our livelihoods...My commiserations, thoughts and prayers with the normal sensible girls who probably have to go through all this trauma everyday of their lives :P

No comments:

Post a Comment