Saturday, 14 November 2009

Checking out...

No, no, no...It's not what you're thinking out...Gandi zehniat...Its when you "check-out" of a hotel...That's what I have to do quite often, sometimes week after week...So, today I checked-out once again...It feels weird...That room provided you shelter, warmth, comfort and peace for a particular period...If, for example, you think that your life is finite and lets say it can be divided into 40,000 units. just think that 5 units of that total were spent in that room...I know I must be sounding like a total nutcase nerd...However, I just feel when you live out of the briefcase, you tend to experience such feelings...You tend to develop a soft corner for the hotel room that was your home away from home...

Not only that but I think I've discoverd a new-found appreciation of my own place, my own flat...After a week at a hotel, I long for my home, my room, my kitchen...The fact that its mine...The fact that its familiarity breeds a sence of belonging...I look forward to meeting my friends...I plan stuff for the weekend...Hell, I must admit that I even look forward to the cleaning/sorting stuff in my room...I feel like cooking something home-cooked yourself because you get bored of eating out the whole week...Most importantly, I look forward to my own bed, my pillows, my quilt...I just love my home...I don't think I could have settled as easily here if it wasn't for this flat...Everything about it...Its furnishing, its decor, its lighting...Its temperature is always perfectly comfortable...After a long day at work when I'm coming back on a train and then walking back from the station on a rainy windy evening, its just the warmth and comfort of my home I look forward to the most...Being dead in the city centre, its so convenient to go to the main shopping malls and high street shops...Everything is just 5-10 minutes walk away...

I know probably this post just seems pointless...You would wonder what this person is trying to say...I know people say home is where the heart is but I guess what I'm trying to say is that when you need to find the heart to live in a new place, or atleast make it bearable, you need a home, a place where you can go back and find your peace of mind and probably a decent, deep sleep which I always do whenever I'm sleeping in my own room in my flat...A hotel room might serve you well as a temporary home,however, it can never take its place...Yet you feel a certain pang when you leave it because that place served you well...That happened when I left my dorms after four years in uni...To a lesser extent that same feeling briefly surfaces when I'm shutting down the hotel room's door with all my luggage in my hands...In the end, there is no place like home and that's the bottomline...

I just felt like putting this as the song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment