Well, no holiday on eid for me...No way of catching the eid namaz and its the second bakra eid away from home...However, if its any consolation, I will get off work at 2 and J sqaured would be coming down here to london and we're gonna watch the ATP World Finals in O2 Arena...That would be a treat to watch...Only the top 8 seeds of the worldplay...Imagine legends like Federer and Nadal along with amazing players like Murray, Djokovic, Davydenko et al..Any suggestions for any fancy restaurants in London worth going to??? I know for sure that I'll get a cinnabun and perhaps a shawerma from Beirut on Edgeware road but its Eid, so a proper meal is also due
Anyhow I wish you an amazingly wonderful joyous Eid...May God bless you with all the happiness and success and most importantly, what I realized about Eid is the fact that its never the same without family...So take this time and savour it and make the most of it by spending it with your families and loved ones...This Eid in particular is based on the spirit of sacrifise and charity, so do remember to contribute all you can...Sometime tomorrow in Pakistan, an un-named, unknown Goat will be sacrifised as my contribution to this Eid ritual...I just pray that it had spent a fulfilling, complete life...That when it getss slaughtered, it experiences no pain or suffering and that its soul immediately goes to heaven to be re-united with its lost family...That its meat goes on to feed the needy, especially the children who get some much needed proteins...I know I'm pagal but when I was young, I had a goat which I got really attached to in the days leading to Eid and then they cut him up...To make matters worse my cousins made me watch it in that impressionble age...It was torture and it broke my little heart...I became pale and blacked out..I couldn't eat mutton after that :S...
Anyhooo, Eid Mubarak!!!! Enjoy and have fun...Remember in prayers and please forgive me if I've done, said or written anything that offended or hurt you...
No comments:
Post a Comment