Monday, 16 November 2009
under my umbrella...
Its getting really chilly and rainy these days: vintage british weather...cold, dark, gloomy and wet...When I leave for work its dark and when I return its dark...I remember how in Pakistan everyone is so fond of rain and people look forward to the rainy monsoon season hoping that it brings respite from the raging sun and the suffocating heat...I remember how as children we used to go out and play in the rain...Mama would make special pakora or the basin wali curry...yumm..here its the opposite...Just like people complain back home about heat and humidity, here people complain about the grey dull skies and the rain...People wish they could store sunlight in some package or box...The slightest bit of sunlight makes them strip off their clothes and lie/laze under the sunrays in their skimpy clothes :s...my cousins and friends think that my complexion has become fairer and I go duh what else would you expect when you spend whole weeks without seeing sooraj mamoo...I just hope I don't turn into vampire...Waisay I think that might be fun actually :p...I guess we humans are just programmed that way...We aren't content with our prevalent situation...If we have too much sun we would crave for rain and vice versa when it rains too much...Waisay I don't mind rain as much as the other local people hate it...Its just that I'm jinxed when it comes to umbrellas...Either I lose them somewhere like a train, client site or a friends home or I simply forget taking it with me and sometimes I just get soaked in the cold winter rain for no reason...And no!!! Its not coz of the fact that I can use it as an excuse to stand under some chicks' umbrella although I must say that it has happened on some occasions but that's just coz these people have some itch to be overly nice and helpful ;)...Ahhh..I'm tired now:imagine waking up at 5:45 am in the morning and catching a 1.5 hour train to London, then taking the tube in rushour, changing 2 lines and finally catching an overhead train to reach the client in rainy cold weather carrying a heavy bag as well...I think I should get a hot tub bubble bath....mmmmmmm....Adios
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment