Thursday, 10 December 2009
IT Services Helpline...
I love to call up my firm's IT services helpline...Its always entertaining...Basically, like all big corporations, my organization has also outsourced a big chunk of its IT Support services to India, infact somewhere in Bangalore...Plus SAP (the main ERP we use) always somehow finds an excuse to screw up or crash, right when you need it the most...So I just instantly call up IT services and a guy or a gal from India answers the phone...God, the accents you get to hear is like a stand up comedy show on phone...Sometimes you'll find a guy trying to mimick American accent, it sounds so fake...You can basically imagine them bobbing there head from left to right as they speak in typical Indian fashion...The girls are I guess a lot better in mimicking whatever accent they're trying...I've noticed that..Even in Pak, of all the fake accents being used, girls were much more authentic and picked the accent quicker than guys although they all still seemed fake and wannabe-ish...The best thing is when they ask for your staff ID and name...It feels so nice that finally, finally someone pronounces your name correct...Britis have some problems in pronouncing "R" when its in the middle of a name...The indian call centre people always kinda sorta get excited when they hear KHAN...I guess its understandable in a country where the three Khan rule the silver screen...Enough with my idle rambling, its time to ZZZZzzzzzzzz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment