I remember that in one of my previous posts I mentioned something about "London bliss" that I experienced last week, that it was something I always wanted since I was young, that it was a milestone in life...Its one of those things that guys dream about: to one day own a car, a beautiful one, from their own hard earned money...Its like a rite of passage...Before that you're living off or relying on your dads' cars...You never quite get that attachment with a car given to you by your father...Its only when you buy it off money earned through your sweat and toil that you truly value it and develop an almost human fondness for it...I got a good deal...A friend's friend was going back home and had to dispose the car ASAP...So last week when I went to London, I saw it and it was literally love at first sight...I dont know why but at that time that song started playing in my head "pehla nasha, pehla khumaar, naya pyaar hai naya intezar, ab karloon main kia apna haal, aai dil-e-baiqarar, kuch to bata" :p..,Its a metallic green Honda Accord, V-type automatic, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic transmission, fully loaded (all options, heated leather seats, tiprtonic shifting, cruise control, 5 CD changer and Bose speakers... The one week wait was unbearable coz I had to basically pitch the idea to my flatmate who would also share the cost of the car with me...Then when we agreed on the fact that we would buy it, we had to arrange for the insurance and that was one hell of an ordeal...Using online comparison websites like Gocompare.com, confused.com, calling up the individual insurance companies for quotes. Just the fact that we live in the city centre, are less than 25 yrs of age and have little/no prior experience of driving in UK meant that we were high risk as per the criteria used by these insurance companies...The quotes they were giving were upto £6,000 per annum which was almost three times the price of the car...Khair, after ALOTTTT of hardwork, I somehow managed to find a reasonable one around £3,000 per annum which still seems to be 1.5 times higher than the price of the car but I'm hoping atleast 2/3rds of this will be covered by the mileage we claim from our company work...
Anyhow, I'm really excited...I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would get such an amazing comfy slick car merely one year after my first job...I just felt its as if I've lost my carginity :P...I mean I've been with other cars before ya know...But they were never truly mine and we never went all the way...I never had any sort of contractual arrangement with them...My name never got associated with them...Plus, its always said that one should lose one's carginity with a car one truly loves...Otherwise its just a mechanical process...It doesn't quite feel right...You never feel the passion...Last week, however, I saw her and thought, this is the one...Main tay Honda hee laisaan (mimicking one of the honda motorcycle ads in Pakistan)...I'm happy though...Please pray that I now manage to pass the final driving test sometime in 2 weeks time...I can't keep on driving with my flatmate besides me and a "L" sign on its back bumper...I hope and pray that she remains loyal through every bump and ditch, every mile that we drive along the roads together...When we came back to Birm after a long 2 hr drive from London and parked the car in our secure car bay, my flat mate came out and said:
"With the power vested in me from God and the DVLA, I now pronounce you man and car". You may now fill it up with some nice premier quality unleaded petrol ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment